Cosmetic dentistry can fix dozens of smile flaws, but sometimes it’s not a matter of just a missing tooth, a crooked bite, or some stains and chips in your otherwise healthy teeth. You might need several treatments to address different issues to finally have the smile of your dreams.
At ChapmanSmiles Orthodontics in Happy Valley, Clackamas, Oregon, orthodontist Dr. Gary Chapman can develop a multi-procedure dental treatment plan. He takes into account both where your smile is now, and where you wish it could be, for a smile makeover that gives you the grin you deserve.
Common cosmetic dental issues
Depending on what your chief complaints are, Dr. Chapman designs your smile makeover to take place in a series of steps, tackling each issue with the appropriate treatment. Some of the most common things we see in patients seeking a smile makeover are:
- Gaps between teeth or crowded teeth
- Tooth erosion
- An incorrect bite that makes your upper or lower arch of teeth overlap the other
- A “gummy” smile that makes your teeth look stubby
- Teeth that are crooked or rotated out of alignment
- A narrow palate that doesn’t allow enough room for all your adult teeth
Cosmetic procedures used in a smile makeover
If you’re facing a range of dental issues, a smile makeover can help you restore the aesthetics and functionality of your teeth using a plan that lays out in which order fixes will be applied. This is the best way to approach an impaired smile.
At ChapmanSmiles, Dr. Chapman can correct most flaws caused by orthodontic issues, such as crooked, misaligned, gapped, and/or uneven teeth. He can also address problems caused by a narrow palate, which can affect bite and smile appearance.
Orthodontic treatments that can be combined for your smile makeover include:
- Palate expanders to widen your palate and make more room for crowded teeth
- Traditional braces that can align your teeth over time to create a even-looking smile
- Clear aligners and/or accelerated orthodontics for a faster tooth straightening process
Once your palate is the correct width and your teeth are arranged neatly within each arch, your smile makeover may be complete.
If you need extra dental treatments to perfect your smile, Dr. Chapman makes sure you have a referral for a dentist or dentists who specialize in those treatments to ensure your smile makeover is finished off properly. These other dental treatments can include:
- Tooth whitening to lift your smile’s brightness by a few shades
- Veneers to cover over imperfections on the front faces of your teeth
- Crowns to cover where a root canal or a large filling was completed
- Bridgework that supports tooth restorations to replace one or more missing teeth
- Dental implants to replace individual lost teeth or support a partial or full denture
- Laser gum treatment to remove excess gum tissue and fix a “gummy” smile
To learn more about cosmetic orthodontics and begin your own smile makeover, schedule a consultation with Dr. Chapman. You can get in touch by calling 503-659-5000, or request an appointment online.